Monday, March 15, 2010

Now the sky is pretty dark here... just rained pretty heavily earlier on.
.
Yesterday it's Sunday, and Sunday is family day, with momo. Hmm... I think it's time to address her by her name rather than momo. Alexandria sounds better or momo, still? Momo is better right? At least I dun need to type so long... hehe...
.
Anyway, that lass is now in school. God knows what she is doing there....
.
Back to my post...
.
Yesterday she wakes up pretty early, before 9am. Normally she only awake after 10 am. She came to my room with her fav pillow and a messy hairdo. I told her that we are going out so she better go and bathe. she strips down to her diapers and run to the bathroom... You know, now momo can wash her own head and rub her own body. I told her when she turns 4 this June, she should be bathing on her own. She is a big girl then... BTW, momo now can change channels or skips tracks when she doesn't want to watch this particular DVD clip. Smart, huh?
.
As per normal, I will give her a bottle of milk to drink before we left home. Now momo doesn't make so much noise in the MRT. She now walks a lot more than in the past. I try not to carry her too much, although sometimes I would rather carry her. She can go missing or she will be "exploring" the ground. When I am rushing for time or need to go to this place fast, I would carry her.
.
So where to go today?
.
Fort Canning Park.....
.
We alighted at Douby Ghaut MRT. I asked her shall we go for lunch first or go to Fort Canning first... I assumed she must be hungry so I took her to Burger King. As I was walking towards, about to reach, momo was shaking her head. She doesn't want to eat there. So I took her to another place which we never been before. We went to Carl's Junior. I get the bigger fries and drink for us to share. I had her sitted at the front so that I can see if she is noti or not. When the food is served to us, momo doesn't want to eat or drink. She said she is not hungry yet. So I took my burger and finished the whole drink myself, and the fries I takeaway. Momo was carrying the fries with her fingers, so cute... Can you imagine she is like holding the paper carrier with her 2 hands only her fingers? I asked her if she wants to pass me the fries and she carry her own backpack? She shake her head, so.....


As we went out or Plaza Sing, we saw there is this event outside PS. Basically it's organised to combat drugs. Many teenagers are taking part. It's meaningful, better than spending time on things that are silly.


It was a lucky day for us cos' the sun is not very hot even it was mid-day. So we make a fast move to Fort Canning Park.
.
There is this film crew taking photos shots, of all the places, at the cemetery?!?! With the lady posing. I mean those professional photos shots, not those with just-a-camera kind of photo shoot.
.
I told momo we take a rest at the shelter first. And down there momo ate almost all her fries. Sharing the place with us are 3 other person, 1 guy and 2 ladies. When momo is done, the 2 ladies say bye bye to momo and praise that momo is so cute.


This is where the uncovered those buried stuffs from the dead. At the back is where they displayed what they uncovered, fragments of glass, potteries, etc...

See, the stools and shovels they used?


A long stretch of road...



Can you imagine that is a pacifier for the baby?


Well, I guess it can't fired now... After so long and it was sealed...







I doesn't know why this pic turns out to be this way?





It claimed this was Parameswara's tomb. The founder of Melaka woh...


For those who studied the History of Malacca, Iskandar Shah is Parameswara's son. But here it says that's the man himself. So which is which? Anyway, we respect the dead...


Fort Canning Centre... There is a reception at the other side. Lots of food and drinks...





Can you imagine what goes behind this door?


Those gates are real solid ones...



There is a stairway behind one of the doors... and it's locked.


See? It was really narrow... Soliders with BMI more than 23 are not able to squeeze through...


That flight of stairs will lead you to up there...

Old Married Soliders' Quarters? What sense does it make? A place within the fortress for old married soldiers for some privacy?

And the quarters isn't too big...


At the back, this is how it looks like...







This was taken when we are leaving the place...


This can be found behind SMU. Momo doesn't dare to stand near it, haha..
.
.
So basically we walked the whole of Fort Canning. It was going around in circles so it doesn't matter which direction you walk, eventually you will end up at the same spot again. Although the sun wasn't scorching hot, but it's still pretty sunny. Both momo and I were tired and thirsty. She keep on drinking water from her bottle. And due to the fact that I carried her as we walked @ Fort Canning, her pants was wet. I questioned her is it she pee-ed in her pants, and she shake her head so hard. I asked her a few times to be sure. I told her if she did pee-ed, she has to tell me. Anyway, that was my sweat.
.
I told her we are going for some drinks before we go home. I was thinking where is a good place to hang out, nearby to City Hall.
.
And we went to New York, New York....
.
I ordered for her smoothies and I had Mocha with Vanilla ice cream. And you know what, momo actually had both. She hog onto both drinks and sips, I need to snatch back from her. She finishes the whole Vanilla ice cream float, drank most of my mocha, sips her own smoothies...

The smoothies is cranberry favour. Pretty nice...
.
.
.
So the whole trip is pretty success for momo.
.
Next time round where shall we go? Stay tuned for the next post...

No comments: