Monday, February 08, 2010

Supposedly to be posted on Sunday....

Never mind, just 2 days later.

Sunday was my off day and momo doesn't need to go to school so it's Me & Momo day... hohohoho...

Momo was sleeping like a pig, till it was like 9am. I was sleeping beside her cos' I was afraid she might wake up early. In the end, she only opens her eyes around 9am. I told her that we are going out again so she should be heading for a shower soon. She was rolling on her mattress... Before 9am, I already start packing her little backpack and chose for her what dress she is wearing later. I even took my shower first so by the time she is awake, I pushed her to the bathroom.

She didn't want to wear any of the dresses I chose for her, instead she wants to wear her own choice of clothes. I tried to coax her in wearing those dresses I choose for her but she stand firm "I Don't Want!!!" So in end, she won. Anyway, I still managed to make her wear the pants that I choose for her. Before we go, I make her drink a bottle of milk. Actually I wanted to bring her to the food court for her lunch but I got plans to treat the little girl to a decent meal in town.

We went to Douby Ghaut...

I took her to Fish & Co @ Park Mall. I told her we have not been there before so we go there for lunch. She nod her head... When we reached there, it was still closed. The time is 11:20am, still closed. I don't know what time it will open so I took momo to the arcade to pass time. She was sitting in front of the machine, pressing the buttons. I look at my watch again... It was 11:40am, so I took momo out of the arcade. As I was out, I asked momo again if she wants to eat at Fish & Co. or Manhattan Fish Market. I mean Fish & Co. we need to walk back to Park Mall again... MFM is just above @ Plaza Singapura. Momo point her little finger, MFM... You know, sometimes momo is pretty smart. You may get shocked that she actually remembers what you told her when you thought she won't.

This time round, I didn't order kiddy meal for her. She doesn't even eat at all. All she touch is the fries. The previous 2 times I ended up finishing her share for her. I only order for myself and I share mine with her.


This is mine, only left the prawn shells and a lemon...


Momo is not bad too. She finishes all the fries and rice too.
.
Then I took momo to Orchard Central. I was thinking of treating momo to some coffee after lunch. Coffee Bean, Tully's Coffee, Spinelli Coffee... We didn't go to any of it cos' I got a urge suddenly. So we went to the gents... haha.

Nice panel, on the right. You should try it too when you visit Orchard Central. It's pure enjoyment. The toilet seat is warm and cosy... The best part is momo is sitting at the "seat" on my left, unable to disturb when I was doing my business.
.
When I'm done, momo says she want to take the elevator. When we are inside the elevator, I wanted to press level 1 and then I realised that there are actually B1 and B2. I didn't know that?!?! So we went to B2. Nothing much too see. Really nothing much to shop around either cos' most of the shops are not occupied, but I saw this really nice artifact.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


OMG!!! It was really splendour!!!
.
I never thought such nice artifact will be at the basement. Nice shot, huh? I think I can work photographer part time.
.
Where to go next? ION... I remember there is this nice coffee chain, can't remember the name now but the last time when I was there carrying momo, who is in her dreams, I passed by it.
When I was walking, momo suddenly point her little finger again, saying she wants to go in "here". And where was it? 313@Somerset...
.
And guess what I found?
.

Central Hong Kong Café!!! Where people meet...

I had Pomelo Sago Cream (杨枝柑露) and momo had water melon + bean curd (西瓜豆腐花).

I know some of you may say "huh, water melon can mixed with bean curd meh?" Even it's kinda weird, right? I oso thought so when I saw the menu, but that was what momo wants to eat. In fact there are also mango + bean curd and durian + bean curd. I wanted to order mango + bean curd but momo doesn't want that.

I asked her "Now there are mango and water melon mixed with bean curd, which one do you want?" She points to the water melon.

I asked her "Now there are durian and water melon mixed with bean curd, which one do you want?" She points to the water melon.

I asked her "Now there are mango and durian mixed with bean curd, which one do you want?" She points to the water melon.

So she actually knows what you're talking. See? She knows what she wants.

The picture in the menu shows it was in a wooden bucket but when the dessert comes, it was in a bowl. What to say?

Momo loves to eat bean curd. She, in fact, finishes all of it without sharing with me. I only managed to steal 2 spoonful of it.

Here is the verdict:

If compared to 薪旺, I think Central serves better dessert. More variety to choose from. But the staffs there wasn't as friendly as 薪旺. At 薪旺, the staffs there will treat you like their prestige customers. The last time I was there, they will ask me if the table is okay, do I need another bowl for momo, they will even tease momo when they passed by. All these little gestures doesn't count? In fact, it will count. It will make the customers feel happy.

I remember there is this saying "Nothing fails like success". When your business is at its very top, it is also at its most vulnerable. Why someone will drive an hour to the tailor when there is one just opposite the street, bcos' he remembers your name, and your children's name. Why someone will rather pump his gasoline at the petrol station even it cost a bit more, bcos' the attendant greets you with a smile.

So, whether you wants better service or better desserts, it's your own decision.

Before I go, there is one picture that I want to share with you...
.
You see the giant fan at the ceiling? I think that was the biggest ceiling fan I ever saw in my life. Wow!!!

No comments: