Monday, December 14, 2009

Today is Sunday, Sunday is for family day. I bring momo to Central, as what I said in my previous post. Momo wake up quite early this morning, but it was too early to bring her out. I told her to sleep for a while more, maybe by 9am we shal bathe together and off we go.

I told her to drink her milk before we leave cos' I know that she will bound to be hungry in the MRT and when she is hungry she will make a lot of noise. She did drink her milk but she only drank half of the amount. And sure enough, when we are only at Clementi station she was making noise and I gotta alight and get something for her to eat. Grab a bite and we proceed our journey again. Momo is always like that, when you ask her if she wants to eat this, she will nod her head. After you bought it, then she doesn't want to eat hers and want yours.

We reached Central @ Clarke Quay...

I wanted to take her to dine at Billy Bombers, but it was still closed. Then I saw there is Manhattan Fish Market just next to it. It got a kiddy menu, though. I asked momo is she wants to dine in but she didn't really reply me so I guess the answer is negative. I apologise to the waitress and I was figuring out where to take momo next. I was looking at the directory...

Burger King at level 1.

In my mind I was thinking why do we need to come all the way to Central just to eat Burger King? Jurong Point has it... Nevertheless we still eat there for our lunch.

Just when we are walking around, I saw there is this "Sizzle On Ice" event. It will start at 1pm and the time, at that time, is only 12:30pm. So I sit momo on the seats but she keep on running around. I had to catch her back a couple of times, tsk tsk...

Finally the show starts.

Well, it was a performance by 5 Australian ice skaters, 2 of them are in fact Australian National Champions. Yes, ice skating @ Central. It may sound unbelievable but it's true. The stage is actually a mini ice skating rink. How was it possible? According to the compere, there are about half a km of pipe running beneath it. There is this giant compressor that emits out gas. As it emits out it actually absorb the heat, so the water turns into ice.









Nice, huh?
And if you purchased anything and your receipt is above $30, your kids get to learn ice skating from the National champions, at the rink itself. Not really ice skating but just simple skating around. All they take is just 20 mins and your kids can learn how to ice skate.
I took momo out of Central and we went opposite to Clarke Quay. At that time, the sky is getting dark and it's kinda windy so I assumed it's going to rain soon. Well, Clarke Quay is more suitable if you go there at nite. During the day, nothing much to see. Well, there is something to see actually... Hooters girls. They wear tight tops and shorts.
We went over to Liang Court. There is no more Daimaru...
I took momo to Audio House at level 4. It got a corner for kids, a plasma TV showing cartoons and a mini playground. We watched Disney cartoon for a while. We couldn't went out cos' it was raining heavily, so we walked around the place....
Then I saw this coffee chain...
I doesn't know if there is any other outlets here in Singapore but I think it's really cool...
Trung Nguyen Coffee. Just in case you still blur blur, it's a Vietnamese name. Can you imagine at Liang Court there is a Vietnamese coffee chain. I walked nearer and take a look at the menu. It was similar to Coffee Bean. The window display @ the counter shows some cakes and croissants. Maybe you want to check it out yourself?
The rain stopped and we make a move back to Central.
Momo is hungry...
Now I knows how to tell if she is hungry or not. I'm not going to tell you the symptoms...
Earlier on, before we went to Liang Court she already had black glutinous dessert. You know what, the Kopitiam at Central sucks. They doesn't even have a single baby chair. I need to stack 3 chairs over each other for momo just to sit high enough to eat her dessert.
And now we were back again to Central. Well, no matter what we still have to come back to Central. We need to take MRT from there.
I took momo to have her dinner or lunch, don't know what to call it cos' the time was 4 plus pm. Where we patron?
Manhattan Fish Market...

The waitress gave me a $5 discount voucher. I dun remember if the waitress is the same one earlier that serve me. Anyway I didn't use it for my bill.
Momo was a happy girl there. She had her kiddy meal; orange juice and fish & chips. She didn't touch the "fish", only the chips she ate. She keep drinking from my cup. I had my Christmas Under The Sea; Santa Pick For One with Mahi Mahi. Oh yes, btw mahi mahi is a common name for dolphin-fish in Hawaiian. It is a kind of fish, not a dolphin and it is not at all related to dolphins.
So the trip to Central is quite a success. Where will the next outing be?

No comments: