Thursday, December 04, 2008

Last week I loaned this book written by Robin Sharma from Jurong library, Who Will Cry When You Die. The same author who wrote the book I was reading the last time, The Monk Who Sold His Ferarri.

I just share with you some of the inspirations I obtained:

On your deathbed, in the twilight of your life, it will not be all the risks you took that you will regret the most. Rather, what will fill your heart with the greatest amount of regret and sadness will be those risks that you did not take, all the opportunities you did not seize, and all those fears you did not face. Remember that on the other side fear lies freedom. And stay focused on the timeless success principle that says:"Life is nothing more than a game of numbers - the more risks you take, the more rewards you will receive."

To get more from life, you need to be more in life.

"When my son was growing up, he constantly asked me to give him piggyrides. Though I knew how much he loved them I was always too busy to play with him. I had reports to read or meetings to attend or calls to make. Now that he has grown up and left our home, I have realized one thing: I would give anything in the world to give that little boy a piggyback ride."

The heights by great men reached and kept
Were not attained by sudden flight
But they, while their companions slept
Were toiling upward in the night

"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult"

On Father's Day, my son, Colby, brought home a handmade card from school. On the front of it was his small handprint and inside the card, above a little photograph of my child, were these words:
Sometimes you get discouraged because I am so small and always leave my fingerprints on furnitures and walls.
But every day I'm growing - I'll be grown up someday and all those tiny handprints will surely fade away.
So here's a final handprint, just so that you can recall exactly how my fingers looked, when I was very small.


This I think it's the best story in this book, that's why I leave it to the last...

Mahatma Gandhi was travelling across India by train. As he left the car he had been riding in, one of his shoes fell to a place on the tracks well beyond his reach. Rather than worrying about getting it back, he did something that startled his travelling companions. He removed his other shoe and threw it to where the first one rested. When asked why he did this, Gandhi smiled and replied:"Now the poor soul who finds the first one will have a pair that he can wear."

No comments: