Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sorrie for the late update.... It should be up last nite but Blogger got problems in uploading the pics, so gotta delay till today then you peeps and see how 2 yr old little momo celebrate her birthday.


I specially take OFF on the 19th June to spend time with momo. I keep on telling her that she is going to be 2 yrs old so she cannot be noti anymore. She apparently doesn't understand cos' she is still as noti as ever. So let's be it....

Ok, so now let's take a look what happened on the 19th June...

Early in the morning, my mum went to buy a birthday cake for momo. I told her let me buy the birthday cake but she said she will get it instead. So I stayed at home to play reformat my laptop. Damn it, it got stricken by viruses. Many many ad-wares, trojan horses, malwares, viruses... To the extend that it doesn't load the Windows XP, it just reboot by itself when it was loading the Windows. So the only resolve method is either to throw the laptop away and get a new one or I had to reformat it again. In fact, I have did it a couple of times. Lousy laptop... but who cares. It's not mine anyway. I got it free. Nevertheless, I chose the latter one and now I'm able to blog again. But I think I would want to get a new one soon. Waiting for my bonus in July. I'm not so greedy, I wouldn't want the latest one. Just a Pentium VI will do, doesn't need to be the Sony VAIO. Maybe just a Acer will do, or a Panasonic oso can. It doesn't need to be a one that costs $4000, just a one that costs less than $1600 will do. I mean if you're not the rich, just settle for something within your means. So now I stick to the lousy laptop that is in my room, for the time being.

My mum dressed momo up with the new dress she got for her. The pants that comes with it looks big and ugly so my mum match it with a white bottom.

I got a hard time trying to take her pics cos' she keep running towards me. I had to carry her and placed her farther and she just keep on running into my legs. This pic was like after XX times of failure before I could capture it.

See momo spotted me trying to snap her pic...



Self portrait of me and momo. See that cute little smile on her face?



Ohh... momo is getting impatient already. Her eyebrow frowned, and her lips become tu tu...


Okay, papa take one more shot and you let me down okay?


While waiting for the rest to come for her mini picnic, momo go and play her slide. I doesn't want her to dirty her clothes so I had to supervise her a bit. Today the slide looks quite clean so it's okay for her to play a while there.


Standing tall on top of the slide, looking down.


Momo ready to slide down, but someone is blocking her way. You know, in fact momo is kicking his hand away.

Finally, almost everyone is here so the picnic begins. The cloth is spread across the grass and I just laid momo on top of it. It was surprisingly that momo can actually lie on top of it and keep still. I expect her to defy and get up immediately. Normally that's what she did at home...


C'mom, let's eat momo... the legs first or the hand?

Talking about cannibals, I got a joke to share...

There is this young cannibal who went to a cruise. He was hungry so he walked and followed everyone else to have their dinner. He was ushered to a table and the waiter showed him the menu. He took a hard look at it and doesn't seems to understand what is written there. The waiter asked if he need any assistance.

"Why you give me the menu? I doesn't want it, just pass me the passengers' list..."

Okay back to my blog....

Gee... what are they doing? Am I supposed to continue lying here and should I help them?

You know, as I mentioned momo is so likable by everyone at the playground. She got many sisters and brothers, aunties and uncles. Everyone knows her and everyone likes her. So for her birthday, it's only right to invite her play-mates to celebrate with her. Mostly are the children and their house maids who babysit them. Today momo is the host of the party, and she doesn't seem to realise that.

Hmm... what to eat leh? Should I wait for the rest or shall I eat first?


See how petite is momo when sitting together with them... They all love momo as though she is their own siblings.


"I'm hungry already... Just now at home I only drink a bit of milk leh..."



See? I told you they all love momo and treat her as their little sister...

My mum specially cooked curry chicken and agar agar for them to eat. Bread from Delifrance tasted best when dipped in curry. But momo can't eat my mum's curry chicken yet cos' she still can't take the hotness yet. Maybe when during her 3rd birthday, she can't taste it.
Momo just loves to drink from the packet.


You're not going to believe it, but I'm going to tell you anyway. Momo is eating the sotong ball all by herself. She pokes it with the toothpick and helps herself with it. She saw what others did and she follows suit.


Momo is sitting my my maid's lap and she quietly eats her own sotong ball. That was the rare chance I can see momo will actually sit quietly and eat. Normally at home momo will run about during her diner time. She can take 45 mins, at least to finish her dinner. Sometimes even more than an hour.

All the patrons finishes the food and nothing is left behind. I wanted to eat... but nothing is left. Well, it doesn't matter cos' I can still eat it at home. The most important thing is everyone is happy and they loves my mum's cooking.
So what's else to do next?
Take pics with momo again.... Ever since I start my new shift I hardly got time for little momo. But to my surprise she will able to recognise me. You know, most of the time during her birthday picnic, I was carrying her. She only sit on the ground for a short period of time. She will cry "papa..." and points her finger at me. All the other aunties wanted to pacify her and offered to carry her but little doesn't want them to carry her. She wants me to carry her. And she in fact grows heavier and my arms are aching when she was in my arms. My mum said momo now weighs about 10 kg. I got no time to weigh her so....

This pic was like.... momo is imitating a piggie... She is angry and you can see her two tiny nostrils.


Okie this pic seems normal, only that momo doesn't smile to the camera...


Whoo..... momo saw something disgusting or what? Why that expression?

While the rest is still enjoying my mum's cuisine, I took momo for a ride. You can see her hair is flying cos' she is rocking the horse very hard. I should have record it down as a video clip, only then you can be able to see it.

Hipee ya! I want to go Rome, go China, go Japan....



Horse, horse... are you tired? Why you so quiet?
You know, while taking the few snaps of momo on the horse I was so worried that she might fall off from rocking too hard. You know, momo is a daredevil. As soon as I put my digital camera in my pocket, I was holding to momo's arm.
Tired of carrying momo in my arms so I put her on the bench. She doesn't cry cos' I was in front of her. She sees me so she doesn't cry out. If not, you think she will sit there obediently?


" You! I warn you, dun snatch my snack hor...." Momo means business.


Oh yeah, yeah... I know I'm 2 yr old mah... have to be a good girl mah... Papa so naggie one... talk and talk non-stop.


Momo birthday mah, so of cos' she will receive birthday presents. I mean those presents were from the house maids who celebrate her birthday. I dun expect them to give her presents cos' they aren't earning much either. But still I welcome their presents. Just a token from their hearts...
So let's see what presents momo receives?


A pink dress... It was too long for momo to wear it currently, the skirt will be like sweeping the floor. Maybe next year for her birthday momo can wear it.


This is actually a pig soft toy. Initially I thought it was a horse, but it got curly tail so this is a pig. The eyes are actually there but just that the fur is covering them. In fact the eyes are really small.



A pair of shoes.... So this is going to add on to momo's collection of shoes. Momo can wear it...



Good... with this drawing board momo doesn't need to display her graffiti skills on her books, on our newspapers, on the coffee table.


Last but not least... A Doremon soft toy... Who buys this for momo? Her papa, of cos'... Momo she got a pair of Doremon slippers too. Whenever the TV was showing Doremon cartoon, momo will run and get her Doremon slippers to show to us. Now she is hugging it when she walks around the house.

After momo comes home, she went for a shower and then take her dinner. You dun expect momo to have her fill at the earlier picnic, do you? The food there are mainly for her play-mates and the aunties who love her. Momo is more like playing with the food. Back home, my mum will feed her with her actual dinner. It was really stamina testing for my mum to feed her cos' little momo will keep running around the room. She eats in my room, you see? We had to close the door to refrain her from going outside to the living hall or the kitchen. But when she wants to go out and she can't get out, she will start to bang at my room door and refused to eat. Even when my mum feeds her, she will just keep the rice in her mouth and doesn't want to chew and swallow. And you have to praise her if not she will not eat her food. Once my mum was scolding her saying why the cat in the house can eat his food and why she doesn't... Guess what? Momo gets offended and the next moment, she just walk away with her mouth frowned.
After dinner, momo was watching TV with my mum and I was sleeping on her mattress in the other room. Then my mum wakes me up and tell me it's time to cut the cake. So I lay out the foldable table in my room. This was the table dear gave to me for me to go online sitting on the floor.

I think momo is born to climb and conquer... She like to get on top of this table whenever she sees it.


Tom and Jerry cake.... No Jerry, only Tom in the picture...


With 2 candles and the "Happy Birthday" sign. We didn't light up the candles cos' momo is unable to blow the candles off. Just for the photo taking sake that's why we put the candles on. Can you see at the front there cream was smeared? Anyone wants to make a clever guess who did it?


Momo pretending to be blowing the candles off. Well, in fact it was momo trying to reach out for the cake but my mum stops her.
I doesn't know why all these pics looks disillusioned. I have already selected the anti-shake function for the digital camera. I guess even when selected, the night scene will still be like that.


Grandma, my hand is dirty... Can wipe for me?


Grandma, now my the other hand is dirty oso...


Okay, grandma is wiping for you, so you dun anyhow touch the cake ok...
You know, momo is really fast. Her hands can really stretched out and before you know it, she already make a hole at the cake. Or she pull out the candle already...



Momo is still unable to cut the cake so my mum helps her with it. Last year she was too young to understand anything, this year she knows it but her hands are not able to carry out the cutting cake task. Maybe next year she will be able to do it on her own.


See? Once my mum turns her head away and momo quickly poke a hole at the cake and my mum need to clean her hand again....

It was a wonderful experience to witness momo celebrating her birthday. Day by day she grows up and day by day she is able to utter words. Nothing beats the feeling than to be able to see momo grows up. Notice in this post, I didn't call momo as little momo. Cos' I think 2 yr old momo is no longer little anymore.

4 comments:

koizumi said...

Very heart-warming to see so many people celebrated momo's Birthday for her! Simple and yet wonderful picnic.It is a very good experience.
Curry look so delicious, want to eat too!!

eggyoke said...

well, if you want to try my mum's cooking you come to my house lah... so when is your turn to have a baby?

Koizumi said...

I already had a eight year old girl.

eggyoke said...

koizumi... show your daughter pics lah... why must hide woh...